November 30, 2012

About Me

Before we really get going on how to save money, which is probably what you're really here for, let's be real, I thought I should let everyone know who they're hopefully going to be listening.

One of my goals with this blog is to counter the misconception that a lot of people have when it comes to coupons: that it's lame. A lot of people seem to think that couponing is only something little old ladies do with their 12 cats, or the people like those depicted in the show 'Extreme Couponing,' which is completely inaccurate, by the way, but I'll probably get into that in more detail in a later post. The point I'm trying to make is: lots of people use coupons, and lots more can. It's not "lame," it's actually a great way to stretch your budget, which is something everyone is interested in, not just little old ladies.

So who am I? I already mentioned my name, and it's in the title of the blog, but I'm Rachael! Nice to meet you! I'm 23 years old, and I'm a student currently. I'm going for my Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communications, with a focus in Advertising. I love to read and write in my spare time, and I also enjoy graphic design, both in a professional sense and as a hobby. I consider myself an amateur photographer.

So that's me! Who I am and what I like to do, when I'm not couponing, that is.

Here is a picture: 


I don't want to put a picture of myself on here, so here is my cat. His name is Hemingway and he is a very cool cat, as you can see.


Okay you convinced me, there I am. And now, you're probably asking, 'but Rachael, why didn't you go to Art School?!' I know, I know, but it was option, believe me. It just didn't pan out.

Anyway, all joking aside, I really do want to try and convince people with this blog that couponing can be something that the "cool kids" (or cats, although I have to cut his coupons out for him because of the thumb situation, you know) can do as well. Money is money people. And extra is the best kind of money, in my humble opinion.

Okay, that's the last of the introduction posts, the next ones will actually get into couponing and its practical use, which I will show you how to do. Hope you're excited, I sure am!

Until next time,
Peas out.




No comments:

Post a Comment