November 27, 2012

Welcome and Hello!

Hola! Guten Tag! Aloha! Hello! Welcome to Rachael's Coupon Spot, the place where I, Rachael, will talk about couponing and how it's helped me out, as well as give tips on how to start and be a successful couponer.

I started couponing a few years ago when I began to buy the majority of the groceries for my family, instead of paying my mom a monthly rent for still living at home after high school. When I started grocery shopping, I was shocked at how expensive most of the food was. I worked at a grocery store so I had a store discount, plus I tried to take advantage of sales whenever possible, but even that wasn't enough to buy all the things my family needed, and yes, wanted. Everyone deserves Oreo Cookies every once in a while, am I right?

I was first introduced to the world of couponing through online coupons available at the store I worked at. I was also cashiering at the time, so I got to see first hand how much you could save if you used coupons properly, and how much some people needlessly paid by not utilzing coupons. I began to use the online coupons, then expanded my search across the internet and found such websites as coupons.com and redplum.com, which both offer a wide array of very useful coupons, and then I began to use the coupon inserts from the weekend paper. I was shocked and amazed, in a good way, at how much money I could save simply by taking some time to print and cut out some coupons.

That was a few years ago, and these days I rarely shop anywhere without a coupon in hand. You can find coupons for everything, and I do mean everything. A lot of my clothing has been purchased with coupons; I bought my bicycle with a coupon, even; I have coupons when I go out to eat; and of course I have coupons when I go to the store. My usual rate of savings at a grocery store these days? Roughly 50%. Which means if I stock up on $200 worth of food, I'm walking out with it for only $100. Get $100 worth of food? I pay $50. When you're short on money, that can make all the difference in the world. Sound like something you could go for? Then feel free to look through this blog and stay tuned for further updates! I'll show you some easy tricks to same money, as well as show you how even using a few coupons can make all the difference for you budget.

I hope you enjoy my blog, and feel free to look around! I hope it can help!



No comments:

Post a Comment